Monday, June 20, 2011

J.O.B.

Today, I started work at Gallery 37. Gallery is a stipend-based arts program downtown for talented teens that includes programs such as dance, vocal ensemble, creative writing, culinary arts, painting on canvas, etc. Although I did the program last summer too, I still feel great that I have this opportunity to do what I love and get paid for it. I'm my biggest critic and sometimes I doubt my writing abilities, but at the end of the day I know I'm a strong writer, and I'm glad that I'm doing something that will help me continue to foster my skills.

On another note, my parents have been teaching me to be independent and have a good work ethic. It's always been mandatory in my household to work hard, and less than average results aren't acceptable. I think it's good that I'm getting work experience now, so that I'll know what it means to make my own money when I'm older. I live a pretty good life, but this won't be my life forever. Once I move out, the moves I'm making will dictate the type of life I have, not the moves my parents are making. I know some people my age who don't even want to get jobs because their parents will just hand them money whenever they need it, and I can't even imagine being in that spot anymore. I mean, I know I'm still a kid and it's their job to provide for me, and don't get me wrong, I still love that occasional treat of them spending their money when I shop lol, but I just like the feeling of having my own, earned money. I don't want to be sheltered by my parents until the last possible minute.

Idk. I just have big dreams and great visions for myself...success is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment