Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Are you living, or are you just alive?

Today as I laid in bed, I thought about how glad I am that summer is finally here, imagining all the shit that I plan on getting into. Then it crossed my mind…am I really living, or am I just alive?
In a sense, I’d say that I’m living, but not as fully as I’d like to be. Honestly, I’m more “just alive” than “living.” I see some of the people around me living it up everyday, and I admire them for going out, living their life to its fullest potential, and doing the things I’m afraid to do. At the same time though, I know that a lot of my peers are just like me; they have their fun here and there, but live life with a lot of “maybe tomorrows” and “nah, I’ll passes.” I may not have “the rest of my life” to do everything I want to do. If I died tomorrow, would I be happy with all that I’ve accomplished so far? Maybe. Probably not. Tomorrow is not promised, so I can’t continue to say “I’ll do it tomorrow.” 
I’m in the process of making my summer bucket list, which I’ll post soon. I’m gonna try to complete everything I put on that list…there are no excuses. I’m even gonna make an actual bucket list…things that I want to accomplish before I die. I can’t continue to allow myself to lay around and waste perfectly good days…I need to get up and make moves, whether it be money making moves, moves to to help secure my future, or just fun having, life living moves.
Life is better lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment