Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm thankful.

First of all, happy Thanksgiving! I hope that everyone is eating good today, because I sure did.

Although I don't reflect on the things I'm thankful for super often, I think it should be known that I am absolutely aware of all that I've been blessed with, and I'm forever thankful. When I sit down and really think about it, I honestly couldn't ask for better. It's crazy how good I have it... some people just don't understand when they're this privileged, but I do. It would be impossible to condense all that I'm grateful for into a single list, because it's so much, especially since I'm one for the small things. I think that I could sum up a few, though. I'm thankful for...

  • My wonderful family. I honestly think that I was blessed with the most amazing family in the world... words can't describe how much they mean to me. Of course, we all have our differences every once in a while, but at the end of the day we all love each other and are there for each other 100%, no matter what.
  • My absolutely amazing friends -- the ones I've known for years and the ones I've known for months. They have all impacted my life in some way, and I'm grateful to know such extraordinary people. The people who make me laugh and smile and be the best I can be make me happy. That's love.
  • The simple things in life. Admiring the beautiful fall colors, receiving a hand-written letter, snuggling up with popcorn to watch a movie -- things like this are what gives me such a great appreciation for life. The little things are what make life big.
  • The fact that I'm blessed and privileged. When things don't go my way, I try to remember that there are people out there who have it way worse than I do. Really, I can't complain at all. I have it great. And for that, I'm grateful.
  • Art and music. Without it, the earth would be so bland. Music speaks to my soul when my mind can't find the proper words, and art allows for so much creative outlet, no matter what form of art it is. They are both true gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment