Friday, October 28, 2011

On being happy.

I believe that happiness is something that comes from within. It doesn't take much to be happy, and if you aren't happy with yourself, then all the material items in the world would only cover it up -- like a band-aid over a sore.

Recently I've been working on finding my inner happiness so that I can truly be content. Yeah, of course I can say I'm happy -- I'm surely not sad, and I've definitely been enjoying life -- but can I say that my mind doesn't wander to places that evoke upsetting emotions late at night, or that I'm not guilty of harboring nostalgic feelings, a tiny part of me yearning for moments from the past? Not at all. Yeah, on the outside I'm pretty happy, but there are things deep within me that I need to work on so that I can truly be content.

I've stopped caring about what people think of me, and stopped making it my duty to please everyone, two key things in being happy with myself. I just think that I need to learn to let go. I need to stop thinking what if, and graduate to bigger and better things. I need to stop thinking about the way things were, and focus on the way things are going to be. I need to accept the fact that things change.

These things, I will accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment