Sunday, January 12, 2014

On Loving Yourself First

This cycle of being okay, then being the complete opposite is wearing on me; I know that I won't be able to handle it for much longer and something will have to change. How can you tell someone how much you mean to them and plead that you don't want to lose them, then put it all on the line for convenience and instant gratification? They swear by you, then watch you walk away. It breaks my heart to have the realization that it's time to let go slowly dawn on me; even more realizing that you probably won't even try to stop it. I'm not ready. But when you've tried compromise and conversation and everything else and their selfishness only allows enough room for their happiness, then that's your cue that you must be the one to nurture your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment